The following questions were used to initiate each conversation.
- In what ways do the district Outcomes and Indicators, as currently written, propel students to future success?
- As we think about the essence of "future ready", what, if anything, is missing from the district Outcomes and Indicators as currently written?
- In what ways might we enhance the district Outcomes and Indicators to capture the realities of a global community?
We ended with the following question that was posed to job alike groups.
- What is one bold step our job alike group could take to support the future ready vision becoming our reality?
I'm excited about the answers to this question and to the recommendations for possible revisions to our document. I'll share the results once we have an opportunity to process the information, but will share one from the students that particularly resonate with me.
- Rewrite them using kid friendly language. By the time we get to high school they are over used and begin to lose their importance.
This is why we need to ensure that we have student voice in ALL major decisions impacting their learning in our system.
I want to thank Connie Hoffman and Dawn Wakeley for the quality lesson design and facilitation of an effective and efficient meeting.