Monday, May 27, 2013

Another example . . .

Yesterday I posted about an infographic and asked questions about using that format to communicate our housing needs and possible solution to the community.  Crystal posted a comment sharing her thinking that it might be a good idea.  Since I have few readers over the weekend, I thought I'd share another infographic from Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day and once again ask for feedback.  This one provides information about sleep and is much longer than yesterday's infographic on Memorial Day.


The questions that I asked  and am asking you to think about are these.  Would community members be more likely to read through an infographic than our more traditional trifold document?  What do you believe is the most important information to include in the district's one opportunity to inform the public about our need and proposed solution to student housing needs?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just taught an infographics lesson to some of Cary Collins' classes! Kimberly helped me plan it. Kids learned how to make data visual to convey a message and influence people to act - maybe they could help you design yours for the bond! :)

Scott Mitchell said...

Well, I have to say that read both of them and I like this format for sharing information, most likely I would not have read a brochure or 4 page handout on either of the topics you shared in your posts but the format drew me in and caught my attention. It drew me into reading it and I think it would draw more readers inwhe talking about bonds and levies. The format that has been used i the past does not draw in the reader. It is a format that many younger community members will not read. I like the idea of trying something new with our community.