Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The first of many lasts . . .

Today was the beginning for me of what will be many "lasts" over the course of this school year. At the conclusion of our Leadership Retreat I announced my retirement effective at the end of my contract year.  What was going to be a challenging year became even more so as I struggled for the words.  So much of my life has been spent in the Tahoma School District and all of that came to my mouth as I started to speak.  I was able to get through it, but as the year progresses the emotions will build and at some time be too much to suppress.  Not looking forward to that day or to those obligatory occasions to share with others and have them thank me.


The second major announcement of the day came from our School Board President, Tim Adam, when he announced that our own Rob Morrow would be our new superintendent effective July 1, 2014.  Rob then graciously accepted the honor of continuing and building upon the foundation that we have created.  Having this young man assume these responsibilities and the School Board members continuing in their roles gives me confidence in the leadership and direction of our school system.

I don't plan on retiring just yet and find myself looking forward to being a significant influence and support as we move forward on our Classroom 10 goal and the challenges we face.

Always a BEAR!

Mike

2 comments:

Scott Mitchell said...

Mike your influence on the Tahoma School District is huge and will be missed. You will deserve all the thank you's and accolades you receive this year. Also, I know that the continued work of Tahoma will be carried forward by Rob. His energy and pride for this school district will be wonderful. Congrats Mike.

David Aaby said...

I agree with Scott..... You will be missed. Thank you for your years of dedication service and vision.