Friday, September 30, 2011

What next . . .

Though it has nothing to do with our work, I found this video on Russo's This Week In Education fascinating.   It is about 3D printing and shows a crescent wrench being reproduced on a printer.  When finished it actually works.

I have no idea on cost or potential, but it is intriguing.  I'd like to embed the video on my post, but I still haven't been able to do that.  You can get to it on the Russo post (he is obviously more technically adept than I am) or on the link below.  Let me know what you think.  Any education uses?  Maybe we could use it to build a new school or at least a few more permanent classrooms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboxMsSz5Aw&feature=player_detailpage

1 comment:

John said...

Ok...that is really cool. Our copier at RCES needs to be replaced. Can we get one of these Mike?