Monday, September 12, 2011

Kindness . . .

One of the newsletters that I follow is Simple Truths, a source of motivational and inspirational gifts.  The newsletters always contain something from Mac Anderson the founder that are inspirational and sometimes thought provoking for me.  In this one he shares a video focused on the formula for bringing joy into your life summed up in one word; kindness.  The video consists of short sayings on kindness embedded in beautiful pictures and is worth the three minutes.  They made me reflect on who I am, how I live my personal and professional life, and what I can do to be more kind.  Below are two examples from the video.

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”  Leo Buscaglia
“To the world you may be just one person . . . but to one person you might just be the world.”  Mark twain

If you want to sign up for the newsletter you can do it here.

2 comments:

Scott Mitchell said...

Sometimes your posts cause me to think deep about topics that make me unhappy, sometimes your posts cause me to think outside my box, and today it is neither because this causes me to reflect on myself, what we do as individuals, how the simple things can mean so much, and how kindness can really be a reflection of who you are. This one struck me particularly hard because I feel this speaks volumes to the work I do as an educator, a husband, and a father.

"You have not lived a perfect day even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you."
Ruth Smeltzer

Kristin said...

Henry James, I think? "Three things in life are important: the first thing is to be kind, the second thing is to be kind, and the third thing is to be kind."