Thursday, September 1, 2011

My blog in a word cloud . . .

I tried a new site for creating word clouds called Tagul.   It was easy to sign up and and to use.  I need to spend some time playing with the options because the background of this one makes it difficult to see the words.  I like the prominence of teacher and learning since that is what we are all about.


This one took about 30 additional seconds and I think is a better visual.  If I spent more time filtering out more of the words like August that are simply dates it would be a better representation of the blog's content focus.

1 comment:

Mary Setliff said...

Love it! What a great way to capture the essence of your blog. I feel like I'm using both lobes of my brain! I can see students using this in student led conferences to capture the essence of their portfolios. A great talking points map, too. Also, a great way to assess content: create a word cloud for a character in Hamlet! Thanks so much for sharing . . . you are always so cutting edge! I use WORDLE, but this is an additional choice.