Sunday, May 18, 2014

Some personal sharing . . .

It has been quite some time since I last posted about a "last", but they keep occurring as my retirement date is right around the corner.  What Bruce shared with me last year has proven to be true, with each passing month the time seems to accelerate.  The next few weeks will be filled with them; last work study session, last board meeting, last ELT meeting, last office barbecue, last TEA bargain, last Director breakfast, last . . .  They just keep coming.

As the day gets closer I find myself becoming more comfortable and accepting of my decision.  With the leadership in our system supporting the Board and Rob, our learning journey will continue.  The bond passage has presented us with unprecedented opportunities for adaptive changes to create learning experiences for young people and adults that meet the external demands placed on the system and those embedded in our Future Ready initiative.   I am proud of who we are and what we have created and know that over time Tahoma will be an even better place for young people and adults to share learning experiences.

Yet, there will be much that I will miss especially the interactions and opportunities to support growth with my colleagues.  There will also be many hours in the day that must be filled.  I keep being told not to worry because there will be "things" to occupy my time, my worry is that they may not be as rewarding and energizing.  I guess I'm looking forward to when I feel as good about a "first time" as I do about going to work every morning.   I know that day will come and hope for it to be soon.




No comments: