Sunday, December 9, 2012

You may be wondering what I'm doing posting during a Seahawk's home game.  I needed to take a day for catch up so my son and grandson are using the tickets.  With the Seahawks winning by 38 at halftime and now 48, I think it was a good decision for me.  It has been a busy couple of weeks with evening meetings, weekend meetings, and with normal every day living stuff, it was time for a catch up day.

So, in catching up on my RSS feeds I found this post from Mitch Ditkoff, You Suck at Powerpoint.   Many of you know that I use power point and I try to use the design principals of people like Garr Reynolds and Nancy Duarte.  In this post, Ditkoff shares five design mistakes to avoid in powerpoint presentations.  I found it informative, affirming, and encourage you to go through it.  Power point can be a tool to visually support your story or it can be a tool to completely boor your audience, something we don't want to do.

Below, is a slide used to summarize the five mistakes.  I have found the fifth, lack of preparation, to be so true.  It can take 25 to 30 hours to put together a quality, one hour presentation.




No comments: