Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lazy afternoon with LIFE . . .


Over the last couple of weeks I have run across many blog entries sharing the partnership between LIFE and Google to share thousands of photos. I didn't pay much attention to them, but this afternoon after the grand kids left I ran across another post and started to take a look at some of the photos. I am glad that I did as they bring back memories of my youth and growing up. They age me, but I am 60 and there is no hiding it.

Pick a topic and spend some time reliving the past through these photos. That's Willie Mays, the Say Hey Kid in the photo. I spent many afternoons watching him make basket catches and leading off in the all star game. What a player, always smiling and you could tell he just loved the game. You don't see that often enough in today's game; great players, but the passion seems to be missing.
In any case, you may be able to make use of some of these photos in your classrooms.

No comments: