Sunday, November 2, 2008

Keep the dim sum running . . .


I shouldn't do this for fear that I might lose what few readers I have, but I can't help myself. Yes, another terrible football weekend. Once again, I give thanks to the BEARS for making it bearable. They have more wins than the Huskies, Cougars, and Seahawks combined. There are no words to describe the depths to which the two college teams have fallen so I will only subject you to a few about our professional team. It is probably a good thing that the Sonics left so we will have some time to recover between the Seahawks and Mariners.

The first quarter was a good ball game with the Seahawks 90 yard touchdown on their first play from scrimmage and the defense forcing three and outs on the Eagles. It felt like maybe we had turned a corner and had returned to previous year's when we won more than we lost. Oh, what I would give for a .500 record. Sadly, it was down hill for the next three quarters. No rush leaving a vulnerable secondary more vulnerable and no offense. We couldn't even get 11 guys on the field to punt on two occasions. Oh yeah, have you ever seen a quarterback ground the ball on third down to force a fourth and ten. The best part of the afternoon was watching Holmgren fume on multiple occasions. I wonder how he can sound so controlled and not point blame in the post game news conference?

One positive we did see today was the west coast offense. Unfortunately it was when the Eagles were on offense. I think today the stands emptied earlier than at any time since 2002, the first season at QWest Field. It started with about eight minutes left and by about the five minute mark it was well over half empty. The only good thing that happened was the walk out of the stadium was uncrowded and quick compared to a game where we win or are at least competitive. If the season ended today I think the only thing that I would miss is dim sum at the House of Hong. I'll probably keep going knowing the dim sum carts will get more yardage than our running backs.

1 comment:

Ethan Smith said...

You haven't lost this reader. :-)