Monday, April 1, 2013

Hobbling around . . .

If you follow my blog you know that one of my usual days for a post is Sunday and that I missed it yesterday.  The day started out great.  Church was followed with the whole family having brunch at the Bellevue Hilton.  I did my usual at brunch, overeating with multiple trips including two to the dessert table.  This was followed by a lot of laying around and groaning.


So, why no post?  At around 7:00 p.m., I decided to join the basketball game with my son, his fiancee and my grandson.  It started with me passing to my grandson, then I started to rebound and check my son.  Before long I was sweating and really into the game.  I should have quit, but it was fun and I was doing pretty well.  I made the mistake of saying pretty good for an old man and then it happened.  I went up (which isn't very far at my age) came down and something happened to my calf.  What followed was hobbling into the house with an ache and a burning sensation for the remainder of the night.  Blogging was not high on the priority list after this, I guess I should have realized that it would catch up to me at my age.

I have no idea what I did, but I think it is better this morning except for the hobbling around.  Walking this way makes one compensate in other parts of the body so now the lower back and hips are aching.  I need my mind to catch up to my body the next time I decide to "compete" with these younger guys.  Mind and body out of alignment results in pain as one grows older.


1 comment:

John said...

I'll save my smart-alec comments for later. Hope you're feeling better and taking it easy Mike!