We made the call to close again tomorrow. The outlying roads are covered with ice and a little snow that by tomorrow with the bitter cold will not be safe for morning travel. The busses would be on limited transportation meaning the kids would need to walk further to bus stops in this cold weather and have a longer wait depending on the traffic and road conditions. For me, these calls have been some of the easier ones we have had to make over the years.
The down side to this is that we are now into the week of June 20th for the last day of school and we still have the normal snow months of January and February in front of us.
Here is my back deck in Ravensdale at about 4:30 this afternoon - that is between 6 and 7 inches.