Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tension about tomorrow . . .

Big day for me tomorrow! It is the first meeting of the year for the administrative team and I have my opportunity to share and create expectations. It will also be the first time that we will collectively work with the revised Classroom 10 documents. A group of teachers and administrators have worked since last spring to create documents that allow us to remove the word “DRAFT” from the top and move forward.

Tomorrow and Tuesday we will focus on three components of Classroom 10; key content and concepts, active processing, and checking for understanding. These three will also be the focus for the year at the district level as we begin to work systemically to embed Classroom 10 characteristics in all classrooms. Expect to see and hear these throughout the year as identify and implement learning and support structures for a successful journey.

I am also feeling some tension as I have far more slides than I should. The slides assist in telling my story and sharing what I see as critical content and focus for our journey. I have spent considerable time reflecting and creating, but the target has been moving as we adjust our efforts and bring clarity to the multiple goals of the message. The result is about 100 slides, many more than I had anticipated when I first started. Tonight will be spent in reflection and review as I use the creative tension to scale back the visible portion of my story.

If you get any feedback from one of our administrators feel free to share it.

No comments: