Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sharing a story of commitment . . .

I decided instead of making a comment on this post from maybecrystal that I would share it with my readers. In it she shares with us the support that she was providing to two students with credit issues over spring break. She also shares her joy and pride with the accomplishments of some former students.

I am so thankful that we have teachers with this level of commitment to our young people and I know that there are many other similar stories out there that should be shared. I also know that Crystal did not share in the hope that she would be recognized. If you follow her blog, it is simply another post where she shares parts of her life in and outside work with her readers.

This not seeking recognition is another characteristic of the “TAHOMA WAY”; we are too often reluctant to be singled out for recognition. Please consider sharing a story about another of our committed staff members on your blog, your facebook page, or any other social media site you are using. They are in every building and every department. What is your story?

No comments: