Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The future of work . . .


I can’t remember or find where I learned about this video so I can’t give the source credit. That bothers me, but I’m sharing it because of the content. It’s titled The Future of Work by DeskCorporation. They talk about work being transparent, flat, competitive, and on demand. It is similar to what we have learned from other sources and once again is validating because our Classroom 10 focus supports knowledge and skill acquisition that will be value added in the future described in the report.

1 comment:

Ethan Smith said...

Odesk is a company that connects people looking for contract work with companies that need contract workers. Their model is work for anyone from anywhere.

I'm right there with you on what you had to say about hte video. The piece of it that caught my attention was the "slide" that said that there is no longer any excuse for not knowing how. This is simply true with adults. It is certaily less true with students, but this idea should be having a big impact on how we think as "instructors."