Thursday, September 17, 2009

Did You Know 4.0


Most adults in our system have had one or more opportunities to view the Did You Know video first done by Scott McLeod and Karl Fisch. Last week a new version, Did You Know 4.0, was unveiled in the blogosphere with mention of it on multiple blogs that I follow. Here you can find copies of all the versions. If you are not registered on Teacher Tube and want to see just this latest version you can find it here.

I have used various versions of the video with community groups to start conversations about the need for change if we are to prepare young people for the world described in these videos. It always results first in adults being surprised and awed by the information followed by questions on what this means for our students and how we are responding as a system. I believe at one time that the video was shown to high school students, but I don't know how it was received. If you have used it, I would be interested in knowing how students responded.

2 comments:

Martina Tycova said...

Hi,
This video is good for the everyone.I have seen the video and it's previous versions.I am waiting for the next video in this series.

audiokabel

cartouches d encre said...

I enjoyed this video. Thanks for sharing it here but I am waiting for next one. It is nice to post here. Good site.