Sunday, October 12, 2008

Can it get worse?

Another terrible football weekend. I left the Seahawk game before they scored their final, meaningless touchdown. It was late in the fourth quarter and they had less than 100 yards in total offense. They entered the game last in passing offense in the league and I am sure maintained that position today. What actually started to wear on me was the defensive players waving their arms to get the crowd into the game as the Packers made third down plays and marched down the field. Maybe if they flapped their arms less and made more plays we would be more into the game and stay until it was over.

The Bears and the Cougars also lost, that's two in a row for our Bears. The Huskies had another bye or it would probably have been another clean sweep for my teams. Not doing well this year and no expectations for changing in the short term except for the Bears.

On top of this grief, I aggravated both my back and knee yesterday mowing the lawn, going to the dump, and unloading stall and stove pellets. I'm getting too old for all this physical labor. Thank goodness tomorrow is work where I can stress my mind not my aging body and bruised feelings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily, wrestling is just around the corner.

Anonymous said...

It is time to put your faith in the Central Washington Wildcats, they routed Western Washington 50-28 in the Battle in Seattle and they are ranked 5th in the NCAA regional poll.
http://www.wildcatsports.com/press.php?id=1505

I am not sure there is much hope for any other Washington teams.