Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Allow me some rambling . . .

Just shut down my e-mail without reading any of my blogs so I don't have anything of substance to share or reflective questions to pose. My brain has been taxed over the last few months with new learning and increased responsibilities for teaching leadership classes, facilitating important, but difficult processes, and planning for presentations. I have once again found that preparing for teaching and facilitating is difficult and time consuming work. I can see how teachers get to the point of saying just give me the book and tell me what to do.

The changes to my work have been gradual, but I find myself surprised by how they have impacted my use of time. Less time is being spent on reading and reflection that I miss and need to consider because I believe these are important for success in my position and for supporting the system's journey to Classroom 10. Much of my time i spent with T&L staff, Connie, tech. staff, and in the multiple leadership classes with teachers and with PSE.

I worry that I am not as connected with principals and that I am not supporting their individual and collective needs. My behavior must suggest a lack of interest based upon my lack of visibility in the buildings. Or, maybe they feel relieved that I am not around to ask questions.

Well, enough of the rambling thoughts - I'm tired and you're far too busy to continue with any of this stuff. just thought I'd share. Next time I'll get back to something more important.

No comments: