Thursday, September 6, 2007

I spent the better part of the last two days in meetings. Yesterday, with Nancy, Dawn, and Connie we focused on the T&L department, priorities, relationships, and processes. It was a very rewarding conversation for me with decisions that I believe will move the system forward and focus on what principals want; a documented curriculum. Nancy and Dawn were very open to reflecting on what we have done and what we may need to do to bring closure to this work that will then allow us to shift our focus to instruction. It would have been a good one to have video taped to use as an example of a skillful conversation where all participants shared private thoughts and used our communication strategies. How blessed we are to have these two people supporting our work.


Today, in one of my meetings I shared some of my thoughts about technology needs with Dawn, Walt, Kimberly, and Ethan. I am concerned that we will become so project focused that we will lose sight of the need for documentation of technology skills as well as applications. I am also concerned with the expectations that are being created for these people to be the support for all staff member's questions and needs. We need to revisit and reinforce the need for a common understanding of job functions and priorities for these people.

I am so thankful to be working here with quality people focused on important work. Though advancing in age I find myself energetic and even more committed to assisting you in our Classroom 10 work. I look forward to skillful conversations with each of individually and collectively.

No comments: