Sunday, February 14, 2010

Partnerships on many levels . . .


I wonder what it would be like if the United States was partnered with China and/or Denmark on an international renewable energy center as opposed to the national one between China and Denmark. I would assume that the world would see more renewable energy options in a shorter period of time than we will see emerge under the given circumstances. As this review of wind energy suggests a USA/China partnership could be impressive. What would it take for this to occur? I don't believe that we can point to any one thing that is in the way or that will create the necessary changes for this to occur. We found out how hard this is during the recent Copenhagen Conference. Perhaps today's youth will be able to overcome the obstacles that are keeping this from happening.

I'm currently in Chicago for meetings tomorrow and Tuesday with members of the SoL Education Partnership to review the potential for partnering on one of the federal education grant options. I am excited to be a part of this opportunity made possible through SoL's partnering with the private sector and foundations. I believe that our system has much to offer and I am eager to learn what they have found out in two meetings with assistant secretaries in the federal education department. I will share more after tomorrow's meetings.


No comments: