Sunday, November 15, 2009

Grand kids are . . .

We took the grand kids to the last showing of Disney on Ice today at the Showare Center in Kent. It reminded me of Disney World and Disneyland with the multiple opportunities to spend money. They sure know how to market; we couldn’t walk or look anywhere without seeing something that Kobe didn’t want. We left with lighter wallets, but the smiles on their faces during the show made it well worth it.

I don’t know if there is anything I have experienced that beats this grandparent gig. We had them since Friday with Ciara’s first ice skating competition that night and finished tonight by dropping them off with Mom. They left with their treasures and tired and we left tired and pleased that we could provide them with this fun weekend. Yes, having grand kids to love and be loved is one of life's true joys. You can't beat those hugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This weekend also brought the experience of Disney on Ice for our family. Having an almost three year old, I lived through not only the excitement I had for the show, but my sons. Not knowing what we were getting into taking him, I was truly amazed at how mesmerized he was from the first minute to the last. I think the joy and excitement he had made it an even more memorable event for us.

I think having the opportunity to live through our children's (or grandkids' eyes) keeps things in perspective and keeps us young. I hope more people have the same chances and experiences. I know I wouldn't change it for the world.

-Christel W.