Friday, January 2, 2009

An inspiring story and a challenge . . .

I follow Vicki Davis on her The Cool Cat Teacher Blog and was influenced by a the story she shared in a recent post and the challenge that has me thinking. How can I be a "reacher" like John Baker? I encourage you to read the story and to give some thought about what being a reacher would look and sound like for you.

I'm going to continue to reflect on this and make a decision about where I should focus my attention. I don't know if I have ever given 100% effort on a goal; what does it feel like? How do I respond to challenges like the budget issues we face, do I find the "other side of the hill" or am I buried by the immensity of the issue? Where should I focus my potential goal; with teachers, with principals, with students, with some combination. I'll share my thinking on a later post.

As promised, here are the books that emerged from my table cleaning on Monday and Tuesday. I didn't get as far as I wanted to and still have some prioritizing before sharing the articles that emerge from the deep piles on the table.

No comments: